Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Interactive Whiteboards






Today, I'm going to talk about interactive whiteboards.



My school bought five Mimios a bit more than two years ago.


We decided that our 4 ICT lead teachers can have one each in their classroom and rotate one among other teachers.



As I am one of the ICT lead teachers, I was fortunate to have one in my class. It's been more than 2 years I've had it in my room and I'm using it nearly every day.. However, I don't think I am using it 'appropriately'. I use the screen all the time to do warm-up activities, show video clips and pictures. But, I am not using the mimio pen (which is also called as a stylus) enough.





I think one of the reasons for this is...




...



it's not instant!


Well... When I want to use the screen, all I have to do is to turn the TV on and connect it with my laptop. But when I want to use it interactively,, I need to turn the TV on, wait for at least 20 minutes for it to warm up, connect the mimio and then calibrate it.

I think I should be more prepared... and keep 'encouraging' myself to use it more often.





Oh! Look what I've found!
How to use your interactive whiteboard effectively

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, it made me laugh. I'm being given a mimeo (I teach year 1/2 as well) so thanks for posting that website at the bottom, looks great! I've been worried that I won't use it enough at this level....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqui
    It's good to hear that you found the website useful.
    I agree that it's always so hard to find ways to use a mimio interactively with littlies.
    I think having a specific/strategic plan is crucial at any level to use interactive whiteboards effectively as it takes long to set it up and teachers have to check e-resources before the lesson (because it may have pop-ups or inappropriate pics).

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Copyright © Karen An's e-Journal
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com